ESPON Calls for Proposals Now Open: Deadline 20th Oct
The Call include:
(1) Applied Research projects – Priority 1 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
The following four themes will be included in the Call:
- European Neighbour Regions (budget 750.000,00 €)
- Small and Medium sized Towns in their Functional Territorial Context (budget 650.000,00 €)
- The territorial dimension of Poverty and Social Exclusion in Europe (budget 750.000,00 €)
- Economic Crises: Resilience of Regions (budget 759.153,00 €)
(2) Targeted Analyses based on Expressions of Interest by Stakeholders – Priority 2 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
The Call shall include five projects:
- Growth Poles in South-East of Europe/GROSEE (budget 360.000,00 €)
- Key Indicators for Territorial Cohesion and Spatial Planning/KITCASP (budget 360.000,00 €)
- Liveable Landscapes for Sustainable Territorial Development/LIVELAND (budget 379.796,09 €)
- Landscape Policy for the 3 Countries Park/LP3LP (budget 360.000,00 €)
- North Sea – Spreading Transnational Results/NORTH SEA STAR (budget 340.000,00 €)
The themes indicated above for the Targeted Analyses will be included in the call under the condition that an agreement is signed with the stakeholders behind the project ideas. The themes will therefore only be confirmed by the day of launching the call on 24 August 2011.
(3) ESPON Scientific Platform/Tools – Priority 3 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
The following six themes will be included in the Call:
- EU Territorial Monitoring and Reporting (budget 598.000,00 €)
- ESPON Atlas on European Territorial Structures and Dynamics (budget 150.000,00 €)
- Detecting Territorial Potential and Challenges (budget 350.000,00 €)
- Territorial Evidence Packs for ERDF Programmes (budget 500.000,00 €)
- ESPON Online Mapping Tool (budget 150.000,00 €)
- Territorial Monitoring in a European Macro Region – A test for the Baltic Sea Region (budget 360.000,00 €)
(4) Transnational Networking Activities by the ESPON Contact Point network – Priority 4 of the ESPON 2013 Programme
The proposals shall aim at supporting a targeted transnational capitalisation, awareness rising, exchange of experiences, participation, empowerment and dissemination of ESPON results and evidence. Projects shall activate transnational interest in ESPON results and knowledge by involving policy makers, practitioners and scientists, in particular those who would otherwise not be informed about ESPON.
The available budget for this call amounts to 600.227,00 €.
The documentation related to the Calls, including the procedure for applying, the eligibility rules, the evaluation criteria and the submission material, were made available on 24th August 2011 on the ESPON Website.
Expressions of interest from research institutes/project teams seeking to participate in this call will be posted on this website as I receive them.
I can also circulate expressions of interest from interested parties in Ireland via the ESPON Contact Point Network. Email to cormac.walsh[at]nuim.ie