Winning consortia for the first seven Applied Research projects.
Under the Specific Objective 1 of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme, “Enhanced European territorial evidence production through applied research and analyses”, Applied Research projects (AR) contribute to the European territorial and analytical evidence base.
ESPON AR respond to policy needs and focus on key priorities for territorial development, such as priority themes of the Europe 2020 Strategy, the Investment Plan for Europe, the Cohesion Policy and the Territorial Agenda 2020.
PST includes at least one representative of the ESPON MC and one representative of the European Commission. PST, together with EGTC experts, follow and guide the implementation of the AR.
The following AR are available:
- Employment – Geography of new employment dynamics in Europe
- World in Europe – The World in Europe, global FDI flows towards Europe
- SMEs – Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in European Regions and Cities
- Low-carbon economy – Territories and low-carbon economy
- Inner Peripheries – Inner Peripheries: national territories facing challenges of access to basic services of general interest
- Territorial Foresight Studies – Possible European Territorial Futures
- Spatial Planning and Territorial Governance – Comparative Analysis of Territorial Governance and Spatial Planning Systems in Europe
- AR under the ESPON 2013 Programme
- Projects under the ESPON 2006 Programme